Monday, February 13, 2006

Dear Nearly: Part 6 "Saint Eve"

how many sleepless nights i've already spent on the eve of St. Valentine's Day, sitting, waiting, wishing; only to see my plans come to ruin the next day. Nearly, they say Valentine was imprisoned for rescuing Christians from jail, who were being heavily persecuted. now that's love. i wish i could say my St. Valentine's efforts were so noble; instead my focuses have ended up scattered confusions...Nearly, you know the nature of words--their very core meanings and their essential role to clarify. how many times words have become obtuse images and possibilities; as a peculiar confidence would swell inside of me: the confidence of a fool at a palace feast, the confidence of a cavilier before his romance! how often times my late-night-resolutions turned to a frightful cold sweat of uncertainty! how close i often came to making mad declarations to someone i didn't even know, about a topic for which there are so many songs! Nearly, i should be thanking you, i suppose, for being there as a healthy shadow of doubt--a memory of sanity during some of my more unfavorable moments of brash youth. the way words would bend (or collection or words) into a thought with its utmost extreme. i repeatedly recanted. you were there when the mirrors fell from the sky, my Master's work, showed me myself, and you saw me piggy-back from further to closer. (i, Nearly, came close to ending this letter poorly, but) now i look into the mirror of forwardness with expectancy--planning a dinner and a park visit with her, whom there is no divide. tonight St. Valentine will be preceeded by St. Eve--overflowing with excitement and wonder...(photo by: Tatsuya Sato)

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Saint Valentine, I thank you for creating a reason for me to see this amazing man!(or thank you to whoever created Valentine's Day)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home