Friday, January 27, 2006

Dear Nearly: Part 2 "Nonetheless"

You were so close this time. Closer than i would like to remember. So what if i recall that?, when about four years ago, i immursed my camera in the river after slipping on a algae-covered stone, only to lift my camera from the water, completely dry. Thanks for that, and no i haven't forgotten, but you shouldn't write back to me. I recognize the rare moments of satisfaction and rhapsodic assistance. nonetheless, Nearly, a majority of the time I'm pulling out my hair because of your taunting invinsibility. yesterday, while visiting my friend at the ice cream shop you made me look foolish as i was forced to squirm my body to avoid sharing my ice cream scoop with the floor. Although i didn't actually spill the dessert, i made myself look foolish. Again you assult my demeanor, and for what, if nothing more than a good laugh at my expense, for the fear created in me of what might have happened. So i will repay you by discontinuing correspondense. How does it feel to be left behind by that same invisible barricade with which you always exclude me? Don't be afraid of what might happen, just know that it will happen. Not quite, Nearly, not quite... (photo by: Wm. Rieppe Moore)

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I have the same technical frustrations with blogger. I find xanga more blogger friendly, however, I like the look of blogger. I think it meant for PC's. YOu can't subscribe with blogger. You can add links to your sidebar(that's about it), but if you want to read someone else's blog, you're going to have to go there manually. I like this one a lot. What is that a picture of?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home