Saturday, May 20, 2006

lightning on the border

after completing my second class in lifeguard training, i stopped in at Starbucks to recharge and use a coupon for any drink (the carmel mochiatto was excellent!). bumping into a friend named, Yo Han, from my University days, i sat down to talk with him, and he really opened up about what God had been teaching him; one of those unpredictably salubrious experiences. as i walked out the door, my friend informed me that there had been a Tornado Watch advisory on the news for Columbia, so that i should drive with caution. and as i drove i witnessed how the lightning seemed to mark out the fringes of the storm, and nearly said, "dare not to leave the realm unless you have the courage to approach me." as the bolts crawled from the heavens, i longed to take them by the base and buckle one to the other, reigning the terribly fuliginous storm. then i might vanish like a thief in the night. soon after, i noticed that these weather pinions didn't create a barrier but a passage, as if Moses were lowering neon, serpentine staffs through the floor to America parting wide the clamorous sky. unfortunately i left my cat-like reflexes in my Curious George suitcase and my automobile couldn't manage reach the border before the entire tempest disappeared.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Beth said...

i like this. good mental pictures. excellent use of the word "fuliginous." I have to confess I have never seen that word in my life, but now that I've looked it up, and know what it means, I'll be using it often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home