Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dear Nearly: Part 10 "Linguiniless"

it has been so long, but apparently, not long enough. i was so close this time i could feel it's natural fulfillment. but such is your way Nearly, beckoning a chain of events and curtailing them by your sake cleverness. at my grilfriends party, while we were eating a delicious meal of linguini served two different ways, spinach salad, and bread so dense eating was akin to pumping iron, my enjoyment was dimininshed by the understanding of your presence. who could have invited you i don't know, but you were most unwelcome in the mucus memebrane of my sinuses; acting as a bouncer of fragrance and flavor. every time i raised the fork to my mouth i was dissappointed by the vapid, banal repitition of flavor. the cooking was magnificient and i Nearly, could just taste the wondor of it all by mixing an active imagination with the density of steam rising from the table. i remember as i took the bread and began to chew i could envision the morsels of Irish past; as i would bite the Linguini from my fork i could picture the pasta of Tuscan Kings; and as i finished off the remainder of my romaine, spinach salad i saw Hobbits dancing around me mispronouncing words and cuddling with people. so as it were, my taste was distilled by the appetite of my imagination. that's what you get, Nearly, next time remember, at your stunting presence i will be finishing things above and beyond my means...(photo by: annonymous)

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I wish you could have tasted all the goodness of that linguini. you can come over again and have some when Nearly isn't there to bother your olfactory senses. by the way, this is a really funny post even though it's sad becuase of sickness. Get better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home